Uninstall Data Confidence SmartEncrypt
Uninstall Data Confidence SmartEncrypt Client
Before uninstalling Data Confidence SmartEncrypt please decrypt all your data you have encrypted because once the software has been removed any data encrypted with Data Confidence SmartEncrypt will no longer be accessible.
Also please save and close all of your work because the uninstall process will reboot your computer/ server.
1. Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel”
2. Click “Add or Remove Programs”
3. Select Data Confidence SmartEncrpt from the list of “Currently installed programs” and click the “Uninstall” button.
4. A dialog “Are you sure you want to remove Data Confidence SmartEncrypt from your computer” will show. Click “Yes”.
5. A dialog “The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system in running. If you choose to continue, a reboot will be required to complete the setup” will show.
If Windows User Access Control prompts “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device” press “yes”. This is a Windows prompt as the uninstall process will remove the data from that hard drive.
6. A dialog will appear prompting to reboot to complete the uninstall now, press “Yes” to restart your system immediately or “No” to reboot later.
Once the system has been restarted the uninstall process is complete.