How to Encrypt & Decrypt Existing Files
Last Updated On February 15, 2019
How to Encrypt Existing Files
To encrypt an existing file or folder is as easy as three simple steps.
Make sure you have logged into the SmartEncrypt software
- Browse to the file or folder you wish to encrypt.
- Right-click the file or folder and choose SmartEncrypt → Encrypt in the context menu.
- Wait a few moments and an encrypted icon will appear the showing the file has been encrypted.
How to Decrypt Files
Their are scenarios in which you will want to decrypt a file or folder. This process is just as simple as encrypting files or folders:
- Browse to the file or folder you wish to decrypt.
- Right-click on the file or folder and choose SmartEncrypt → Decrypt in the context menu.
- Wait a few moments and the encrypted icon will disappear from the file.